Beware of Mold and Fungus Lurking in Your Home

The health and wellness of our children must be of utmost value; not only from the threats seen however from the risks unseen as well, and most all parents safeguard their kids in apparent ways like using a helmet when riding bikes, utilizing a safety belt when traveling, by getting immunizations to prevent childhood illnesses, by using protective equipment when playing certain sports, and so on; but what about the prospective threats that we can not see. One of the most significant and most severe threats to a kid’s health is mold and fungus. Do we take the needed preventative measures even when we know that it is present in or around our houses, or do we practice the old belief “out of sight out of mind”, unfortunately however real, lots of people tend to overlook mold and act as if it will simply just go away by itself? In this manner of thinking is generally found in the minds of those who are uneducated where mold is worried. Direct exposure to mold over some time can cause permanent damage to the psychological and physical health of children and death if left untreated.

A lot of parents have seen and heard about mold, however, are not educated about the results of this impurity. Sometimes the signs of mold often mimic those of allergies or asthma. The signs will differ from kid to child because every kid is various, and other elements likewise enter into play such as the length of time a child has been exposed to mold and the amount of mold the kid has been exposed to as well. In many cases where kids were frequently infected with the mold toxic substance and presented with various symptoms to their physician, mold was never considered as a medical diagnosis and the client be it kid or grownup would simply continue to worsen.

EARLY detection of mold and fungi is important in dealing with the symptoms effectively and preventing permanent damage and or death. Exposure to mold can cause any of the following signs in children and adults:

1. Headaches of unknown origin
2. Abdominal pain
3. Breathing and respiratory issues
4. Irritation
5. Hoarseness
6. Chest discomfort
7. Burning or dry eyes
8. Nosebleeds
9. Muscle cramps
10. Low-grade fevers
11. Skin rashes
12. Cold and influenza-like symptoms
13. Liver damage
14. Mental retardation
15. Severe pulmonary problems
16. Persistent fatigue
17. Arthritis
18. Sinus issues
19. Hearing Loss
20. Short term amnesia

These are simply a few of the symptoms brought on by extended exposure to any kind of mold. To safeguard kids from mold direct exposure, parents need to discover all they perhaps can about this deadly toxic substance. Start by looking for mold in your home, try to find any moist or damp areas where it can grow. First, recognize that mold spores are everywhere, they are generally inevitable. These spores can get into your home through open windows, doors, on your clothing, and your family pets. The growth process begins when the mold spores get into the wet and damp areas discussed early. Sadly, in many cases, people do not even understand that it is there till a kid or family becomes symptomatic, and just like most cases of mold exposure, the client is misdiagnosed typically for some viral, respiratory, or allergic infection.

Mold and fungi in your home, as frightening as it is can be prevented from spreading out if you understand what to search for and where to try to find it. Start by looking for leaking pipes throughout your house, mold spores will cling there because of the wetness and can go undiscovered for weeks, months, and even years. If this occurs the mold has most likely entered the walls of your home where it is a lot of times difficult to detect. This is why mold is often described as the silent killer in your home.

If you are suspicious and think your home might be polluted with mold, call an expert to be sure. The old cliche’,” An ounce of avoidance deserves a pound of remedy” is not just true in this case, however, it can be a lifesaver. Once your home has been detected with mold, particularly if it is black mold, do not squander another minute postponing the tidy up process. Professional mold tidy up is pretty costly and most families simply can not manage to have it done; however, you can clean up the mold yourself.

How to rid your home of mold:
1. Pinpoint the source and area of the mold
2. Mix equivalent parts of bleach and cleaning agent (one cup of each) with a gallon of water
3. Mask and rubber gloves are needed, (mold spores are airborne).
4. Take a sponge and the solution you made and start cleaning up the mold off the location.
5. Brushes can be utilized for textured walls.
6. Repeat cleansing till mold is gone.
7. Rinse area with warm water and cleaning agent and clean new cloth.

There are several types of mold, black mold being the most harmful of all, however, the clean-up process is the same. Beating mold can just be accomplished through knowledge and awareness of its presence in the house. Numerous kids and adults have been seriously contaminated or fatally poisoned by this silent killer. Find out more about protecting your family from the hazardous and fatal results of mold.